This new edition of a bestseller covers all phases of performing sensory evaluation studies, from listing the steps involved in a sensory evaluation project to presenting advanced statistical methods. Like its predecessors, Sensory Evaluation Techniques, Fifth Edition gives a clear and concise presentation of practical solutions, accepted methods, standard practices, and some advanced techniques.
The fifth edition is comprehensively reorganized, revised, and updated. Key highlights of this book include:
- A more intuitive organization
- Statistical methods adapted to suit a more basic consumer methodology
- Rearranged material to reflect advances in Internet testing
- New time-intensity testing methods
- New chapters on advanced sensory processes, quality control testing, advertising claims, and business challenges
- New material on mapping and sorting, graph theory, multidimensional scaling, and flash profiling techniques
- Explanations of theories of integrity, amplitude, and balance and blend
- Updated appendices for spectrum method scales
- Updated references
Sensory Evaluation Techniques remains a relevant and flexible resource, providing how-to information for a wide variety of users in industry, government, and academia who need the most current information to conduct effective sensory evaluation and interpretations of results. It also supplies students with the necessary theoretical background in sensory evaluation methods, applications, and interpretations.
Autor/en: Gail Vance Civille, B. Thomas Carr
Maße: 18,0 x 26,0 cm
Verlag: CRC Press